Summer is the perfect time to start pruning your trees. Tree pruning, or trimming, helps maintain a healthy and attractive landscape as well as promoting safety for yourself and others. There are many benefits of pruning your trees during this season, including improved air quality, increased curb appeal, protection from pests and disease, and more. Read on to learn 7 reasons why you should be pruning your trees this summer!
Top 7 Benefits of Pruning Trees in Summer
1. Improve Air Quality: Pruning can help to improve the air quality in your home and neighborhood by allowing more sunlight and air flow through the branches of trees. This will reduce pollutant levels around your house and promote better health for you and your family.
2. Increase Curb Appeal: When done correctly, pruning can drastically improve the look of your landscape. Trees that are trimmed properly will have a neat and uniform appearance that makes them aesthetically pleasing to the eye. This is sure to boost curb appeal when potential buyers come to view your property!
3. Keep Trees Healthy: Tree pruning removes dead or damaged branches, which helps keep pests away from healthy parts of the tree. It also encourages new growth, which helps keep the tree healthy.
4. Protect from Storm Damage: By removing dead or weak branches, you significantly reduce the chances of trees falling during storms or high winds. This is especially important in areas prone to hurricanes and other severe weather events!
5. Prevent Disease Spread: Pruning can help prevent disease from spreading by removing diseased branches and preventing them from spreading their spores throughout your landscape. Regular pruning also encourages strong root systems that are less likely to be affected by diseases in the future.
6. Encourage Growth: Pruning encourages new growth by allowing more sunlight and air flow through the tree’s canopy, thereby increasing its vigor, and promoting a healthy environment for it to thrive.
7. Save Money: Regular pruning can actually save you money in the long run! Removing dead or weak branches helps keep your trees healthy, thereby reducing the cost of tree care later on down the line.
Pruning your trees this summer offers many benefits that will help to promote a healthy and attractive landscape for years to come. Keep these 7 reasons in mind when you’re considering if you should prune your trees this year! With regular tree maintenance, you can have a beautiful and safe yard for all seasons.
Tree Trimming Versus Pruning
Are you thinking about sprucing up your yard with some tree trimming or pruning? While the two terms are often used interchangeably, there is a distinct difference between tree trimming and tree pruning. Tree trimming is more of an aesthetic choice, while tree pruning focuses on health and safety.
Tree trimming involves cutting away any dead branches or twigs to give the trees a neat and clean look. It also helps maintain the shape of trees that have grown out of their natural form. Generally speaking, it’s best to do this kind of work during late winter when most deciduous trees are dormant for maximum effect. You should also avoid removing too much foliage as this can leave the trees vulnerable to pests and diseases.
On the other hand, tree pruning focuses on improving a tree’s overall health by removing diseased or damaged limbs before they become a hazard to people or property around them. Pruning should be done throughout all seasons but especially during springtime when new growth begins so that you can encourage healthy branching patterns for optimal growing conditions down the line. Additionally, regular inspections will help spot potential problems early so that you can take preventive measures in time.
Looking for a professional tree service company to trim and prune your beautiful trees? Contact Complete Tree Care at 317-783-2518 for licensed tree trimming and pruning in Indianapolis, Indiana. We serve both residential and commercial clients all throughout Central Indiana.